On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 19:16:11, Johannes Gebauer
<li...@musikmanufaktur.com> wrote:

>I am wondering whether I should upgrade my ancient version of Finale
>(2k9) to the current.

and, on Tue, 12 Jul 2016 21:26:07:

> How is compatibility with older files?

I have recently taken files from F2000 and even earlier into F2014 (Windows; I
have downloaded F2014.5 but hit installation problems).  A frequent problem is
that in scrolling playback of the imported file the sound precedes the
scrolling by a second or so.  For various reasons I have also occasionally had
to set up a new empty score and transfer content stave by stave.  My files are
not particularly large, typically less than 15 staves and no percussion.

Ken Moore