It might run, or it might not run. There are a lot of “under the hood” changes
in every update of MacOS, and since 2010 Finale came out around when 10.6 or
10.7 was around, then I wouldn’t really be sure that it’s going to function
correctly.

The installer probably won’t run, so you are probably going to have to use
migration assistant to get it on.

The other problem is that Macs are sort build for a certain version of the OS
and beyond, and you can’t really (without a lot of hacking) get a newer system
to run the older OS. Display drivers, hardware drivers, etc, are not available
for them.

So……..

I think probably up to 10.8 would run Finale 2010. Maybe 10.9.

Your best bet would be to make a VM with 10.7 on it and use that.

But the bigger question is WHY stick with 2010 Finale? You have a new iMac. You
just spent $2K on something and don’t want to move your software into the new
age?

> On Nov 10, 2016, at 9:59 AM, Michael Dutka <mikedu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Folks, thanks so much for the response. Much appreciated.
>
> Just to make sure I understand, when you say Finale 2010 isn't supported on
> Mac Sierra, is that like Windows XP is no longer supported (but still works
> fine)?
>
> Or if I try to install 2010 on Sierra, will it just not work?
>
> If that's the case, does anyone know the most recent Mac OS 2010 will run
> on?
>
> Thanks,
>      Mike
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 22:22:36 +0100
>> From: Darcy James Argue <djar...@icloud.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Finale] Install Finale 2010 on Mac OS Siera 10.12
>> To: finale@shsu.edu
>>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> All new Macs come with macOS Sierra and it?s not possible to install an
> older OS. Finale 2010 is definitely not supported on Sierra. If you buy a
> new Mac you will also need to upgrade to Finale v25.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> ? DJA

>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 13:28:15 -0800
>> From: Eric Dannewitz <ericd...@jazz-sax.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Finale] Install Finale 2010 on Mac OS Siera 10.12
>> To: finale@shsu.edu
>>
>> You might be able to use migration assistant to migrate over applications
> and users from an older Mac, but I?d say you should probably upgrade to
> Finale 2014.5 at least.
>>

>>> On Nov 6, 2016, at 1:22 PM, Darcy James Argue <djar...@icloud.com>
> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> All new Macs come with macOS Sierra and it?s not possible to install an
> older OS. Finale 2010 is definitely not supported on Sierra. If you buy a
> new Mac you will also need to upgrade to Finale v25.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> ? DJA
>>> -----
>>> http://secretsocietymusic.org
>>>
>>> From: Michael Dutka <mikedu...@gmail.com>
>>> Reply: finale@shsu.edu <finale@shsu.edu>
>>> Date: November 5, 2016 at 7:13:27 PM
>>> To: finale@shsu.edu <finale@shsu.edu>
>>> Subject:  [Finale] Install Finale 2010 on Mac OS Siera 10.12
>>>
>>> Hi folks. Want to buy a new computer, but don't want to upgrade to
> Finale
>>> 2012 (it doesn't back up as well as 2010) or 2014 (reading what you-all
> say
>>> about it scares me to death).
>>>
>>> Anyone know any reason I can't install Finale 2010 on a new mac, per
> above?
>>> Anyone know for sure that I can?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mike