that could be because there doesn't seem to be
one.  the discussion back in august was -- in my
interpretation -- more about resignation than joy.

a speed issue on mac has been fixed.  so the loss
of speed experienced witth F2014 has been fixed.
it is now as fast as F2012.  and we should
somehow be expected to pay for that.

"dozens of bugs" were fixed, although they were
not listed so i have no idea just how important
this claim is, but should we be paying for bug
fixes?  i don't think so, whether they are new
bugs or age-old ones, these should be fixed in a
free update, or at the very least ONLY as part of
as more substantial upgrade, not as its main
selling point, not when i am being asked to buy
it.

as i mentioned in that discussion, i am staying
with finale "for the kids", certainly not for the
amazing upgrades.  but i am really on the fence
with this one.  if i had a client that needed me
to have F25, i would be forced to get it.  and i
may spring for it today (because i might
eventually have to have it), but i would much
prefer to sit this round out as a political
statement.  if i buy it, i will for sure feel
like i am feeding alcohol to an alcoholic that
will just reinforce their unwillingness to make
the first step: admit s/he has a problem.

perhaps a better deal on the win side of things,
but all in all, my reading is that is a
less-than-inspiring upgrade.  more of a "degrade"
to its customers.

--

neueweise -- fonts for new music (and traditional) notation
http://newmusicnotation.com/fonts.html

shirling & neueweise | http://newmusicnotation.com
new music notation  +  arts management  +  translation
[FB] http://facebook.com/neueweise  |  [TW] http://twitter.com/neueweise