Martin,

I type in chord changes from a custom library of suffixes.  I have complex ones
when they are needed, but I have learned to use more basic symbols where
possible. Flat 13 is, more often than not, really #5 . If #11 is in the melody,
it’s often superfluous to spell it in the chord. And if it’s not, it’s more
often a choice than a necessity. I use these extensions only when I need them
and hardly ever in bass parts.

Hope this helps,

Chuck

> On May 7, 2017, at 12:27 PM, Martin Nickless <mnnickl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there was wondering if anybody that predominately writes big-band charts
> Do they enter the changes by playing the cord on a midi keyboard ?
> May I ask if they have built up a library of the complex chords e.g. flat 13
> sharp 11s etc
> Thanks
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Chuck Israels