On 6/23/2017 11:06 PM, Blake Richardson wrote:
> I can't figure out what's going on with this piano line from John Williams'
> score to DRACULA.
>
> It looks like it's supposed to be some sort of octuplet, but there's only six
> notes on the bottom and the top notes look like they're played in unison with
> the first and last notes on the bottom.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujmnomjnr2dbpyp/Dracula.jpg?dl=0

I see 7 notes -- the last note on the bottom looks like it's supposed to
come immediately before the 2nd beamed note on the top.  The 8
indicating an octuplet may have been a hastily scribbled mistake and he
really meant to put a 7 there.  That's my best guess since there's
clearly not 8 notes.  Unless the stem connecting the first note in the
treble clef to the first note in the bottom was mis-written and it's
supposed to come just before the first note on the bottom, in which case
there are 8 separate notes.

--
*****
David H. Bailey