Interesting — and the description of Pete Seeger as a humble, generous, and
well-meaning person certainly parallels my experience with him.  I feel as if I
practically grew up with him - singing and playing the guitar on stage with him
at 10 or 12 years old and having him visit our home many times in the ensuing
years.  I can’t imagine Pete himself making an issue over ownership of what
seems to me to be something that clearly belongs in the public domain. I often
find the business of music disturbingly venal as soon as non-musicians get
involved.

Chuck

> On Aug 10, 2017, at 4:19 PM, Raymond Horton <horton.raym...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Interesting article on battle over copyright for "We Shall Overcome"
>
> https://www.yahoo.com/music/effort-free-civil-rights-anthem-120722464.html
>
> Raymond Horton
> Composer, Arranger
> Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) United Methodist Church
> Retired Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra, 1971-2016
> Visit us at rayhortonmusic.com

Chuck Israels
cisra...@comcast.net
(360) 201-3434