Create the examples you want in Finale, forget about getting it to
appear in a document.  Select the graphics tool (it's in the advanced
tools palette, in case you do not have that appear in your set-up).
Double click at a corner and drag a rectangle including the music you
wish to copy into a word document.  Go to the graphics pull-down and
select "Export Selection" [If you want to export a whole page, do not
bother dragging a rectangle around it, just go straight to graphics
pull-down and "Export Page"]. Set resolution to 600 dpi and save it
where you want, then in WORD, insert picture.  You can resize it and
position it as you want.

Michael Lawlor