[Dennis:]

>I have a piece that ends with a DC al fine, ABA. The last measure of A
>is different the second time. If I use first and second endings for A,
>what kind of barline do I put at the end of the last measure the first
>time? A double thin?

      I probably should have commented on the direct question asked,
about the type of bar-line.  If you don't use the system I proposed in
my previous post, I would probably, myself, use a thin-thick double bar.
      Just thinking about the Minuet movement of mine which I mentioned
before (which is in handwritten manuscript which I don't have handy now)
- I'm trying to recall how I did that; I certainly would have used what
I thought was the most correct notation, adapted to the unusual
situation but conforming to the rules as far as possible.  The 1st-time
bar has the normal concluding repeat sign; the 2nd- and 3rd-time bars
don't need repeat signs - and I'm pretty sure I used a double,
"thin-thick" bar-line for both of them, one after the other.
      So I think that would be applicable if your situation, too.  To my
eye, a double-thin bar-line might not separate sufficiently two bars
which are written consecutively but are never played consecutively.

Michael Edwards.