[Christopher Smith wrote:]

>I am suspecting that the left hand Bb is tied over, and the note it
>is tied over to is actually a B natural.

      Thanks for your suggestion, Christopher.  I thought for a moment
you had it, and kicked myself for not checking.  I've just looked again,
and I'm afraid it's not that.
      I neglected to say in which octave this rogue B appeared, and it's
in the lower octave.  The Bb that ties over is the one almost an octave
above Middle C - but the rogue B is definitely an octave below that,
adjacent to Middle C.
      Nonetheless, in case the octave was deceptive, I used the asterisk
to show the accidental to check out what you said - and the higher Bb
definitely is a flat, not a natural.  There is definitely no B or Cb
anywhere in that bar.  There is in the following bar (which contains the
same chord shifted down a perfect 5th) - is it beyond the bounds of
possibility that the Cb from there is somehow being shifted a bar or so
earlier by the Finale playback?
      So I'm afraid the matter is still unresolved.
      Can it just be a software or memory glitch or bug that does such a
thing?  Perhaps I just need to delete the whole bar and do it again from
scratch, and see if it happens again.

Michael Edwards.