Hello all,

I have just purchased v25 and started my first project with the new software.
I am working with a piano duet (1 piano 4 hands).  I set it up with two piano
staves grouped primo and secondo.
The first part of the song is straight 8ths and most of the second part is
swing.  The very last few measures revert to straight 8ths.  I put in the
initial tempo marking (which is also set to control the playback tempo) and
seems to work fine.  The problem occurs at the change to swing.   The tempo
changes along with the change to swing (and again the playback tempo is
controlled through the tempo marking).  I also added the notational swing
values just after the new tempo mark.

Two Problems:

1:  The tempo increases at the new tempo mark as I expect, but only the primo
part swings.  The secundo part does not swing as it should.  Since there are
off-beat jabs (8th rest followed by dotted quarter) in both the primo and
secundo part, they should sound at the same time however, the sound is sort of
like a gliss.  One of the parts is sounding slightly before the other.  I
believe it may be that the primo part is sounding at the time it should in
swing but the secundo part doesn’t seem to recognize the swing designation and
consequently comes in sooner than its primo counterpart.  (At least thats my
thought - after eliminating everything else I can think of related to human
playback).

2:  The other thing is that I can’t seem to get the swing to stop at the
appropriate spot near the end of the song.  I’ve designated “No Swing” in the
score and set the playback for the new designation with the appropriate tempo.
I thought the new tempo set for the “No Swing” mark should negate the earlier
swing designation.

I have tried to open the file under v2014.5 but it does no good.  I also tried
taking out the swing designation from the tempo change - just leaving the
actual tempo change in place and then set the swing in the playback control
window.  Now the tempo still changes but no swing and the jabs are right on the
mark!

Does anyone have a suggestion?  What am I missing?

Nick Raspa

NJR Music
(954) 529-1838
njrm...@icloud.com