On 4/11/2018 12:47 PM, Andrew Levin wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I’ve looked in the documentation and did a Google search and can’t figure out
> how get this<http://symph.people.clemson.edu/unison.jpg> — specifically, the
> unison on the first note.
>
> It’s from 1904 and the notation is very clear in what means. Since I have you
> all here, is there a more contemporary way of notating this?

It's curious that the person who created that sample you scanned felt
the need to show two noteheads to indicate two voices on the same pitch
for the first note, yet the same person didn't bother to do the same for
the two Ebs that follow the divisi notes, choosing instead to simply
mark the first Eb "a2" -- that's what I would have done for the first note.

I see no logical reason to do it one way for one note and then on the
4th note following to do it differently.

I didn't include how to do it since that's already been indicated by JD
Thomas.

--
*****
David H. Bailey