I agree with everything David has said, especially "Dorico is not for everybody."  Certainly there are some rough spots and missing pieces that are deal breakers for some people today.  My personal deal-breakers were addressed in 2.0, but others have different needs.  And even if Dorico could do 100% of what everybody could ever want, that doesn't mean everybody should convert.  That is very much a personal decision and I am not here to pump Dorico or to attack Finale.  My only purpose is to give something of a 'Dispatch from the battlefront" in case others are thinking about moving at some stage and don't want to take the time to work through the 30-day demo right now. And really, 30 days is not nearly enough to understand or appreciate any product like this.

I would like to amplify David's comments about the 5 modes (Setup, Write, Engrave, Play and Print).  To me, this is a very coherent way of looking at things.  It is conceptually similar to Finale's decision to require you to work in a particular tool (articulations, speedy entry, expressions, lyrics, etc.) at any moment.  It is just that Dorico divided it along different dimensions.  While in Write mode, you can do all the note entry, articulations, expressions and so on.  In Engrave mode, you tweak the layout (only if necessary, and often, little is necessary). And while in Engrave mode, you cannot change notes by accident. Personally I had no difficulty grasping that work flow.  The difficulty is in remembering all the things you can do in Write mode.

A subtle, but to me, very revealing aspect of this era of technology is that it is practically real time.  You can switch between the 5 modes instantaneously -- even while playback is underway.  You can change window zoom and vertical scroll while playback is underway.  Perhaps this does not make a big difference in productivity, but I think it represents a major advancement -- almost like going from DOS commands to a GUI.

Similarly, most of the appearance-related things are controlled by rules (aka preferences).  They are extraordinarily numerous.  I think Dorico has broken new ground in organizing vast numbers of options.  Practically all of the options are displayed in panels that have useful graphical representations of what the option does.  And here's a key point that may not immediately be apparent.  These preferences windows are "MODELESS".  That is a technical term that simply means you can leave the options window open while you are editing your score.  Let's say you have two or three monitors.  You can open some preferences on your secondary monitor while the score is open on your primary monitor.  You can make changes in the options and observe how this changes the look of the score instantly.  This is one of those points of elegance that gives a real feeling of empowerment while using the program.

Likwwise, Play mode is quite similar to what most DAWs deliver today -- albeit a small fraction of "full DAW capability".  A key point is that you can contour the sound in Play mode, with your changes happening interactively -- just like with full DAWs.

The message here is that this really is a clean slate approach using technologies from 2018.  It isn't fair to either Finale or Dorico to try to do a point-by-point comparison.  Dorico is an altogether different experience.