Martin,

That sounds really weird. I would write in to tech support, and include the
file and a PDF that shows the problem.

For entering accents, in the default file supplied with Finale, there is a
metatool assigned to the accent. Hold down the A key while in the articulation
tool, and every note you click will get an accent. Or drag across a whole
passage while holding down the A, and every note inside the dragged area will
get an accent.

S is staccato.

V is marcato.

There are others.