On 1/10/2019 4:12 PM, Lawrence wrote:
Hi, I recently installed fin 26 demo. It has now changed all my finale files so
that they now use 26 as the default. I’ve now disabled 26 but the files are
still the same and cannot be opened on Fin 25 from outside the programme. The
“change default” function does not offer Fin 25 as an option. Any ideas please?
 I’m on a PC.

In Windows Explorer, get to a finale file (either .mus or .musx) and right-click on it. From the context menu which opens up select "Open With" and then you will see a dialog offering all the programs you might use to open the file (most won't work). If you don't see Finale25 offered, then select "Choose Another App."

Go to the bottom of the list, if Finale25 isn't showing and click "More Apps." If Finale 25 still doesn't show up, scroll down further until you see "Look for another app on this PC" and click that. Then navigate to the program file where the Fin25 .exe file resides (probably c:\Program Files\Finale\Finale.exe) and select that. Be sure that the check box labeled "Always use this app to open .mus files" is checked, and once you've selected finale.exe Windows will open all the .mus files in Finale25 for you.

You'll need to repeat this process for both .mus and .musx files if you want both types to open in Finale25.

--
*****
David H. Bailey