I know the topic of trying to use voiced parts (all but useless to me as it stands) has been covered and I’ve tried all the workarounds at various times and know the issues, so I’m not asking about that. The TGTools plug-in “Smart Explosion of multi-part staves…” often yields better results, but it’s still not the close-to-100% solution I’m looking for. I’ve also had some success with the JW Staff Polyphony plug-in. To be clear, this is not just to make the score look good; I want to retain the convenience of linked parts so I don’t have to go back to extracting individual parts, etc.
So after years of trying every method I can think of, I thought I’d approach it from the other direction this time in an orchestral score I’m working on. This time I set the score up with each woodwind and brass instrument on its own line, which of course would necessitate the use of a microscope to read the score even on 11 x 17 paper at the reduction necessary to fit all the staves on each page. But my hope is that by using the JW Staff Polyphony plug-in to combine 2 staves into 1 where possible (Flute 1/2, Clarinet 1/2, etc.) and then hiding the staves with individual parts in the score, it might be less tedious. It seems to be promising, but I still end up with double sets of expressions - dynamics, for instance. I can make all this work one way or another and have many times, but I’m writing in case there is a plug-in I haven’t yet explored out there, or in case someone knows a way to set the ones I’m using to yield results that don’t require as much “clean-up” afterwards. BTW, the “old way” - creating 2-part staves and exploding them later - has been tried both with and without using separate layers, and I’ve discovered some of those pitfalls as well. Thanks for any approaches I may not have thought of, Doug _______________________________________________ Finale mailing list Finale@shsu.edu https://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale To unsubscribe from finale send a message to: finale-unsubscr...@shsu.edu