On 5/30/2019 2:22 PM, Robert Patterson wrote:
I would like to set the word "eventually" as 3 syllables, e-ven-tually. It
works because the next word is "you'll" and it is quite natural to slur
together the final three syllables of "enventually" in that context. But
the e-ven-tually hyphenation looks weird. I thought of three possibilities:

1. use e-ven-tually
2. place a couple of grace notes before the main note and hyphenate it out
as e-ven-tu-al-ly with grace notes on the "tu" and "a"
3. use a contraction: e-ven-ch'ly? e-ven-t'ly?

I agree with the others -- #3, but use "e-ven-ch'ly" so the "ch" sound is obvious.

--
*****
David H. Bailey