[ Robert Patterson: ]

FWIW (joking aside) my copy of Merriam Webster correctly identifies
"missus" as dialect in one of the definitions, and I would rather avoid
that implication.

In that case, how would "Mr - s." go? But that might cause the singer to start pronouncing "Mister" - although surely as they got to know the line they would realize it's not that, so it shouldn't be an issue. (Nothing seems truly satisfactory.) Maybe "mis-sus" or "miss-us" in parentheses underneath the "Mr - s." would look like a pronunciation guide rather than dialect. Or, alternatively, "Mrs. -" (the hyphen acting as a syllable extension and going under the second note). That wouldn't need the pronunciation guide underneath in parentheses.

Michael Edwards.