Peace and Permaculture:  Food Forestry for Ecological and Cultural
Regeneration presented by Dave Jacke, Edible Forest Gardens Author
Sunday April 10, 2011 2-4 PM
Univ. of Rochester Interfaith Chapel
Co-Sponsored by:
MK Gandhi Institute for <http://gandhiinstitute.org/>  Nonviolence, and
Barefoot Edible Landscape  <http://www.barefootpermaculture.com/> & Permaculture

What can the forest teach us about ecological food production?  About the
practice of nonviolence?  About how to redesign our culture so that we humans
heal our ecosystems and communities, rather than destroying them?  Healthy
forests maintain, fertilize, and renew themselves, naturally.  When we
understand how these amazing properties emerge from forest ecosystem structure
and function, we can apply that knowledge to the design of “food forests” that
mimic natural forests while growing food, fuel, fiber, fodder, fertilizers,
farmaceuticals, and fun!  With forest gardens as our teachers, we can also use
the same principles to design human social systems that allow us each to fully
be ourselves while interconnecting in functional ways.  This can create a
culture of free human beings that builds community health and well-being
without force or violence.  This talk by Edible Forest Gardens author Dave
Jacke introduces the vision of forest gardening with some scientific
background, a few living examples, and a sampling of some useful perennial
edibles you can use in your own garden.  It also summarizes how the ecology of
forests can guide the practical application of nonviolence in regenerating our
culture.  Suggested minimum donation $10; no one turned away for lack of funds.

Location: River Level
Univ. of Rochester Interfaith Chapel, 500 Joseph C Wilson Blvd, Rochester, NY.

For info or to register, contact:
Patty Love, Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture
pa...@barefootpermaculture.com
<mailto:pa...@barefootpermaculture.com?subject=Dave%20Jacke%3A%20Peace%20%26%20Permaculture%20talk>
 , 585.506.6505 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
www.barefootpermaculture.com  end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Warmly,

patty love, Owner

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture

pa...@barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Program Director
Rochester Permaculture Institute

www.rochesterpermacultureinstitute.org

pa...@barefootpermaculture.com

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that
regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody
has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~
Mary Oliver