Edible Forest Gardening In A Nutshell:  An Introduction - May 14, 2011, 9 -1
pm
Edible Forest Gardening (EFG) is an effective way to design home scale
gardens in our climate that mimic forest ecosystem structure and function,
but grow food, fuel, fiber, fodder, fertilizer, "farmaceuticals," and fun
while we consciously apply the principles of ecology and permaculture.  Join
us for a hands-on skill-building experience in edible forest gardening.
Learn to transform traditional lawn landscapes into abundant food-producing
perennial forest gardens.  Participants will learn the skills needed to get
started at their own home or expand the abilities of a gardening business.
We will get our hands dirty while we install and establish a brand new
forest garden.

Have you wanted to:

*                     learn about Permaculture and/or Edible Forest
Gardening?

*                     learn how to grow more food in less space with less
weeding and watering?

*                     learn how to use organic gardening methods to produce
healthier food for your family?

*                     learn how to build healthy soil?

*                     learn how to incorporate healthy nuts, fruits, and
perennial vegetables into your garden space?

Whether you know a lot or a little about gardening, this class is for you!
Topics covered:

*                     An Introduction to Permaculture and Edible Forest
Gardening

*                     Basic Organic Gardening Techniques

*                     The Design Process Using Forest Garden Pattern
Language

*                     Installing an Edible Forest Garden

This dynamic, hands-on class will meet 9-1 on Saturday in Rochester, NY
(Brighton).  Class size is limited.  To register: Send a check for $60
payable to Rochester Permaculture, PO Box 18212, Rochester, NY 14618 along
with (1) your name, (2) your mailing address, (3) your email address, and
(4) phone number. Additionally, please send a quick email to
pa...@barefootpermaculture.com letting me know to expect you. Must register
by May 6th.

Warmly,

patty love, Owner

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture

pa...@barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Program Director
Rochester Permaculture Institute

www.rochesterpermacultureinstitute.org

pa...@barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that
regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what
nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~
Mary Oliver