From: Trina Baxter <kirtr...@gmail.com>

Oct 22nd GSCP will host Ithaca's first Food Justice Summit to mobilize
locally for food sovereignty and raise funds to support food justice
projects, specifically Ithaca Community Harvest and the work of
GreenStar to create a system of regional food sustainability that
promotes health, equity, and community control of essential resources.

It's not too late to join a team, or to register as an individual
walker or form a new team!

If you haven't visited lately, take a moment to check out our website.
You'll notice lots of exciting additions, like the beautiful pictures
and summary of the projects GSCP is involved with!
http://greenstarcommunityprojects.org/FJS/
   This includes the Youth Farm Project and BJM Fresh Fruit and
Vegetable Snack Program!!
And the route! (http://greenstarcommunityprojects.org/FJS/WalkerResources.html
)

And organic, eco-friendly shirts (short and long sleeve) are now
available for sale! (http://greenstarcommunityprojects.org/FJS/BuyAShirt.html
)

Excitement within the community is growing to walk the route downtown
to visit significant food justice attractions and end at a community
celebration. We appreciate all of your support and positive energy.

We've got 7 days left to rally and reach our goals. Extra brownie
points if you:

1. Register 10 people yet who each raise $150 in pledges

2. Table at GreenStar (sit, skip, trot around the foyer at the co-op
to raise awareness about the event)

3. Sign up 5 volunteers to pitch-in on the day

4. Donate a product or service for the raffle/silent auction

5. Find a local business/organization with $100-$1,500 burning a hole
in their budget and willing to sponsor the event

If anybody is involved with an education / activist / service
organization or group and would like to table or provide an
interactive activity you are encouraged to complete this brief online
Registration Form or email i...@greenstarcommunityprojects.org or call
603-986-5091.

Tips to raise pledge funds quickly:

Day 1: Begin by putting in your own contribution of $10
Day 2: Ask two members of your family to sponsor you for $20 each

Day 3: Ask your employer to contribute $30 and ask about matching
funds for employee contributions to your campaign

Day 4: Ask five friends to contribute $10 each

Day 5: Ask three co-workers to sponsor you for $10 each

Day 6: Ask four neighbors to contribute $10 each

Day 7: Marvel at how easily you just raised $200!

If you are a vendor with a product you're proud of and want to sell it
at the event please let me know. If you would like to volunteer please
email volunt...@greenstarcommunityprojects.org
Thanks,

Kirtrina Baxter & Liz Karabanakis
GreenStar Community Projects