Making and Using Biochar in the Garden

Wednesday February 21, 6:30-8:30 pm

CCE Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca

Cost: $7-$10 sliding scale

What is biochar and how does it improve garden soil? Sean Dembrosky from Edible
Acres<http://edibleacres.org> will lead this workshop on the benefits of
biochar and show how to make it yourself. We'll discuss a number of easy and
simple ways to make biochar in the wood stove, in simple outdoor pits, in
mobile containers, and more. We'll explore how biochar can provide amazing
boosts to your soil and discuss appropriate ways of incorporating it.

Pre-registration is required. Go to the registration page to register and pay
online<http://db.ccetompkins.org/programs/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1274>,
or call CCE-Tompkins at 272-2292 and we will register you online with your
input. Pre-registration is required to hold your place in the class, and also
in the event that a class is postponed or cancelled and we need to contact
participants.

Register & Pay Online
here<http://db.ccetompkins.org/programs/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1274>.

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org