Get ready for spring! Still a few spaces left in these two classes.

Make a Bee Hotel for Native Pollinators

Wednesday March 7, 6:30-8:30 pm

CCE Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca

Cost: $10 per person - includes cost of materials

Help increase populations of native bees in your yard and garden with a
handmade bee hotel! Native solitary bees, like mason bees and leafcutter bees,
are gentle, easy to raise, and are as important for pollinating as honey bees.

Jacob Johnston from Cornell's Lab of Ornithology will give a presentation on
the life cycle of these fascinating native insects and show you how to make a
bee hotel to attract them to your garden. Materials will be provided for
participants to make bee hotels to take home.

REGISTER & PAY ONLINE
HERE<http://db.ccetompkins.org/programs/civicrm/event/info?id=1269&reset=1>, or
call 272-2292 to register by phone.

Seed Starting

Saturday March 10, 10 am - 12 pm

CCE Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca

Cost: $7-$10/person self-determined sliding scale

Grow everything from artichokes to zucchini from seed at home. Save money and
enjoy the miraculous process of seed germination and plant growth in your home
to get you through these last weeks of winter and get your garden started
early. We'll cover techniques such as cold stratification and scarification as
well as simple recipes for making your own potting and fertilizer mixes to save
even more money. We'll talk about tools such as grow lights and heat mats and
soil blocks. All participants will leave with a few starts to take home.

Instructor Jennie Cramer is our Horticulture Program Manager and coordinates
our Master Gardener Volunteer  Program. She is a former conservation biologist
with a passion for organic gardening, regenerative agriculture, natural history
and botanical education. She is especially smitten with the intricacies of
seeds.

Go to REGISTER & PAY ONLINE
HERE<http://db.ccetompkins.org/programs/civicrm/participant/add?reset=1&action=add&context=standalone&eid=1271>
 to register online, or call 272-2292 to register by phone.

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org<http://www.ccetompkins.org>