Medicinal Mushrooms for Health

Saturday April 14th

10am - 4pm

@ Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming, 225 S Fulton Street

Are you interested in mushrooms, do you love herbs? Would you like to start
confidently combining traditional herbs and medicinal mushrooms? Join Olga
Tzogas of Smugtown Mushrooms and Jennifer Whitmore from The Bramble
collective to learn about the power of mushrooms and how we can use them
everyday.

Humans have had a long relationship using mushrooms & Fungi for food,
medicine & ceremony. This class will discuss the history behind our
understanding of how these mushrooms contribute to our health and the
various ways we can access them today. Explore how amazing mushrooms can be
for your health, immune system & your general wellness!

Together we will prepare ingredients and learn how to make a mushroom
tincture, fire cider, an herbal/mushroom blend, and bone broth (a
vegetarian variation on the bone broth will be included). End results will
be comforting and satisfying, simmering mushroom/herbal blends “inoculated,
fruiting and blossoming” in your own kitchens to nourish your body, family
and community. Please join us!

COST:

$45/$65/$85 tiered pricing based on income, please see
http://policy.wellspringforestfarm.com

Includes materials ($25) for the course and light snacks.

No one turned away for lack of funds.

--

*Steve Gabriel*
farmer - teacher - author - consultant