---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Elizabeth Gabriel - Groundswell <elizab...@groundswellcenter.org>
lakespermacult...@lists.ibiblio.org>

Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming <https://groundswellcenter.org/>

> [...]
>>

>> First Thursday Incubator Farm Tour and Volunteer Night
>> <https://www.facebook.com/events/2453636634871938/>
>>
>> THURSDAY, Oct 3rd
>>
>> 5:30pm-7:30pm
>>
>> Groundswell Center Incubator Farm
>>
>> 101 Rachel Carson Way
>>
>> RSVP here
>> <https://groundswellcenter.org/events/final-incubator-farm-volunteer-night/>
>> .
>>
>> Please join us for our last farm tour and volunteer night of the season
>> at the Incubator Farm. After a 30 min tour of the farm, we will lend a hand
>> at Surik’s orchard, preparing it for the winter season!

>> <https://groundswellcenter.org/events/final-incubator-farm-volunteer-night/>
>> <<
>>

>> Farming for Justice Discussion Group
>> <https://www.facebook.com/events/2372163259531509/>
>>
>> How Green is the New Green Deal in Farming
>>
>> Tuesday, Oct 8th
>>
>> 9-10:30am
>>
>> Just Be Cause Center, and via Webinar
>>
>> Free
>>
>> RSVP here.
>> <https://groundswellcenter.org/events/farming-for-justice-october-discussion-group-how-does-the-green-new-deal-affect-farms-and-farmworkers/>
>>
>> This month we welcome a panel featuring Elizabeth Henderson (Peacework
>> Farm, NOFA Interstate Council), Rafael Aponte, Rocky Acres Community Farm,
>> Youth Farm Project, and young leaders from Sunrise Movement Ithaca to
>> discuss the Green New Deal. The discussion will touch on how the Green New
>> Deal affects farmers and farm workers, eaters and producers.

>> <https://groundswellcenter.org/events/farming-for-justice-october-discussion-group-how-does-the-green-new-deal-affect-farms-and-farmworkers/>
>> <<
>>

>> Working with Water on the Land
>> <https://www.facebook.com/events/1118218491701560/>
>>
>> Water Management Workshop
>>
>> SATURDAY October 26th
>>
>> 10am-3pm
>>
>> Wellspring Forest Farm
>>
>> $25-50, sliding scale
>>
>> Register here.
>> <https://groundswellcenter.org/events/working-with-water-on-the-land-wellspring-forest-farm/>
>>
>> With climate change, the Finger Lakes region is projected to have an
>> increase in overall rainfall as well as in the intensity of each rain
>> event. As land caretakers our role then is to understand and harness the
>> power of water in ways that support crop production, wildlife habitat, and
>> carbon sequestration.
>>
>> Join us to explore and learn methods for reading the landscape to solve
>> water challenges by valuing water as a precious element of land
>> stewardship.

>> <https://groundswellcenter.org/events/working-with-water-on-the-land-wellspring-forest-farm/>
>> <<
>>

>>  *   * *
>>
>> Groundswell Center thanks you for your support through our programming…
>>
>> Don’t hesitate to reply to this email with any questions or thoughts!

Elizabeth
Executive Director
607.793.3383 (c)
Coming up at Groundswell Center
*Wednesday Sept 25, 9-10:30a - Farming for Justice: How Equity Shapes
Groundswell Center
<https://groundswellcenter.org/events/farming-for-justice-september-discussion-group-how-our-equity-policy-shapes-our-work-at-groundswell-center/>*
*Tuesday Oct 1, 7p-9p - 5 Solutions for Land-based Wealth Redistribution
w/NEFOC <https://www.flxlandreconciliation.com/events.html>*
*Thursday Oct 3, 5:30-7:30p - First Thursday Incubator Farm Volunteer Night
- Last of the Season
<https://groundswellcenter.org/events/final-incubator-farm-volunteer-night/>*
*Tuesday Oct 9, 9a-10:30a - Farming for Justice Discussion Group: How Green
is the Green New
<https://groundswellcenter.org/events/farming-for-justice-october-discussion-group-how-does-the-green-new-deal-affect-farms-and-farmworkers/>**Deal?
<https://groundswellcenter.org/events/farming-for-justice-october-discussion-group-how-does-the-green-new-deal-affect-farms-and-farmworkers/>*
*Saturday Oct 26, 10a-3p - Working with Water on the Land @ Wellspring
Forest Farm
<https://groundswellcenter.org/events/working-with-water-on-the-land-wellspring-forest-farm/>*
---------------
*>> VIEW OUR EVENTS CALENDAR HERE
<https://groundswellcenter.org/event-directory/> <<*

--
Elizabeth
----

*Steve & Elizabeth GabrielWellspring Forest Farm**Mecklenburg, NY*

*www.wellspringforestfarm.com
<http://www.wellspringforestfarm.com>607-793-3383**an agroforestry farm
providing *log-grown shiitake & oyster mushrooms *duck eggs *maple syrup **
*pastured* *lamb** *hands-on workshops**