------------------------------ Original Message ------------------------------
Subject: [SustainableTompkins] Just & Sustainable Lifestyles Gathering Thu 3/13
From:    "Elan Shapiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

JUST AND SUSTAINABLE LIFESTYLES: Sustainable Tompkins Monthly Gathering

Thursday March  13,  6:00 - 8:00 at the Southside Community Center
305 S. Plain, Between Green & Clinton Sts.    Dinner & Childcare
Provided. Potluck side dishes encouraged, and bring your own table
setting if you can.

Are "just & sustainable lifestyles" just an option for the privileged
or a set of choices that can address everyone's needs and concerns?
Are there sustainable choices that can improve health,  cut costs,
and strengthen community, even if we can't afford hybrid cars and
organic clothing? How can these choices further the cause of social
justice and global cooling in our community and in our world? What
are the unique contributions that each different culture in our area
brings to creating our sustainable community?

Come hear stories from local citizens of different cultures about
their own lifestyle changes, get practical tips you can use right
away, and explore these challenging questions. You are also
encouraged to share stories of your own!

Sustainable Tompkins invites you to the first 2008 gathering of the
monthly "Equity & Sustainability" series on Thursday, March  13, from
6:00 - 8:00 PM at the the Southside Community Center    305 S. Plain,
Between Green & Clinton Sts.   The evening will begin with a dinner,
with a delicious main course & salad provided. Potluck offerings will
supplement the meal.  Childcare is provided

This month's event was made possible in part by a grant from the
Sustainability Initiative at Ithaca College and is sponsored by the
Southside Community Center

Sustainable Tompkins' Equity & Sustainability monthly gatherings take
place on the second Thursdays of each month. They are a festive way
to learn together about key areas of community sustainability, build
new connections with people, and bridge some of the long-standing
divisions in our community. They are a place for local citizens to
network and learn about each other's interests and involvements in
creating a more positive future for our community.

For more information, contact: Elan Shapiro
Sustainable Tompkins Community Partnership Coordinator
  [EMAIL PROTECTED], 607-275-0249.

Sustainable Tompkins is a coalition of citizens, community
organizations, elected officials, educators and professionals from
diverse fields - all working to promote a more just and sustainable
community.
http://www.sustainabletompkins.org

Earn your permaculture design certificate.
The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
offers affordable local classes.
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org