Begin forwarded message:

From: So Tier Advocacy & Mitigation Project <i...@stamp-cny.org>
Date: November 30, 2009 1:05:43 PM EST
To: tc-hs...@cornell.edu
Subject: VOTE for Green Guerrillas... last chance to help us be #1

Calling All Our Supporters!

Green Guerrillas Youth Media Tech Collective has entered Free Range Studio's Youtopia contest to get help making an online movie about the environmental impact(s) of natural gas exploration and exploitation.

Free Range Studios created The Meatrix and The Story of Stuff. We are hoping that by teaming up with them, we can get as many people as possible informed and involved in an issue that affects 31 states! For more information on natural gas exploration and exploitation... check out Green Guerrillas' Blog on changents.com.

WE ARE IN THE RUNNING FOR THE  #1 SPOT FOR THE ENTIRE CONTEST.

THE VOTING PERIOD IS WINDING DOWN... please ACT NOW!

WHY is this so important? Since 2008, over 4,000 gas wells have been drilled in Pennsylvania. Farmers in southwestern section of the state blame cattle deaths and mutations on local hydraulic fracturing. Other community complaints include tainted water, children getting sick, skin rashes, and neurological disorders.

Natural gas drilling in the Marcellus Shale in Dimock, PA has released methane into the water supply, drinking water wells have exploded, and others were found to contain so much gas that one homeowner was told to open a window if he planned to take a bath.

In three separate spills at the Heitsman well (south of Montrose, PA) about 8,000 gallons of a carcinogenic chemical -- used to ease resistance in gas well production -- polluted a wetland and caused a fish kill in Stevens Creek. The chemical, LGC-35 CBM, is manufactured by Halliburton. It dissolves in water (making cleanup extremely difficult), has led to skin cancer in animals and "may cause headache, dizziness and other central nervous system effects" to anyone who breathes or swallows it according to the Material Safety Data Sheets for LGC-35 CBM.

For those of you who have not yet voted, here is our proposal:

Natural Gas... clean enough to drink?
Green Guerrillas Youth Media Tech Collective organizes broad-based constituencies to re-think fossil fuel dependency and challenge false solutions to climate justice. We reveal the role mainstream media plays in promoting sweat shops over sustainable style, genetically modified crops over locally-grown organic foods, and pollution and prisons over sustainability and social change. We want help creating an online movie that challenges natural gas as a transition fuel and exposes the irreversible environmental damage that drilling in the Marcellus Shale (our backyard) will have on our air, soil, and water, threatening animal, human, and plant life for many generations to come.

Yes... to VOTE RIGHT NOW you will need to either create a free UserVoice account... or vote using an existing account with FaceBook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Myspace, WordPress, Blogger, AOL, or a variety of other providers. Step-by-step instructions for HOW to vote here or http://changents.com/change-agents/green-guerrillas/action_requests/51637 .

For those of you who have already VOTED for us, WE STILL NEED YOUR HELP TO SPREAD THE WORD! There are a few things you can do to help us continue to build our momentum and encourage more support in these last days:

(1) ADD A COMMENT!

"Green Guerrillas are a creative, powerful group of youth. I met them at the Dream Reborn conference in 2008. They drove all the way to Memphis from upstate NY in a van - total commitment to transforming the world and uplifting our planet."

"This group of kids is absolutely amazing. You would not believe their dedication to sustainability and AWESOME media-making! It is an inspiration to follow their story and watch their videos. Plus, they KNOW what the deal is about natural gas drilling and more importantly, can explain the dangers in terms everyone can understand and agree with!"

"Green Guerrillas are the most groundbreaking, visionary, holistic group of youth, or political organization in general, period. They connect all the issues together, they see the big picture, and the embody what they talk about. They are the true grassroots, not some big NGO... and they deserve your support. Spread the word!"

"Green Guerrillas, you've only just begun! you make an ole man reaffirm his faith in youngfolks as change-agents. Right On!"

(2) TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FOLLOWERS on Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, You Tube, Google, Yahoo, Wordpress, and ALL OTHER Social Networking Sites to VOTE FOR GGs!

(3) ENCOURAGE YOUR FAMILY, YOUR NEIGHBORS, YOUR CO-WORKERS, and the YOUTH in our community to VOTE FOR GGs!

We appreciate everyone's support!

MANY THANKS!
Green Guerrillas Youth Media Tech Collective

ps... if you did not get this message in HTML, use this URL to get more information and support Green Guerrillas and VOTE: http://changents.com/change-agents/green-guerrillas/action_requests/51637

pps... YES, we are available to help you to figure out HOW to cast your vote for us... contact us by email (i...@stamp-cny.org), or phone (607-277-2122).

Southern Tier Advocacy & Mitigation Project, Incorporated
focusing on the "under-developed strengths" of at-risk communities
__________________
S.T.A.M.P.’s Administrative Office
119 East Buffalo Street
Ithaca, New York 14850
P. 607.277.2121
F. 607.277.2120
i...@stamp-cny.org
www.stamp-cny.org
www.youtube.com/user/stampcny

S.T.A.M.P.’s Guerrilla Griots Human Rights Media Arts Center
Henry Saint John Building - Suite 106
301 South Geneva Street
Ithaca, New York 14850
P/F 607.277.2122
i...@guerrilla-griots.org
www.guerrilla-griots.org
www.guerrillagriots.wordpress.com
www.changents.com/green-guerrillas

S.T.A.M.P. was established in 2005 in response to the frequency with which young people are referred to juvenile and adult court systems. S.T.A.M.P. challenges pollution, criminalization, exploitation, and incarceration by encouraging self-respect, empowerment, leadership, and self-determination among young people, adults, and families most affected by criminal justice and environmental policies which disregard individual needs, erode community assets, and undermine planet security.

Want to $upport S.T.A.M.P. without spending a dime?
Choose STAMP as your charity at GoodSearch.com.
Search & shop the web using Yahoo.
$upport S.T.A.M.P. at the same time!