Begin forwarded message:

From: Bethany Schroeder <ni...@pinax.com>
Date: January 17, 2010 10:46:24 AM EST
To: TCRP List <t...@lists.ibiblio.org>, FLX Permaculture Network <fingerlakespermaculture@lists.mutualaid.org >
Subject: #flxpc Moosewood Fundraiser for Free Clinic

*Moosewood Hosts Fundraiser Brunch for Ithaca Free Clinic*

January 18, 2010 – On Sunday, January 31^st , Moosewood will host a brunch to raise funds for the Ithaca Free Clinic. Brunch will include coffee, juice, assorted breads, soup and a choice of vegetarian or vegan entrées. The restaurant will offer two seatings, one from 10:30a-noon and another from noon-1:30p. To ensure a reservation, you can purchase a ticket in advance by stopping by the Clinic, or by calling or e-mailing Betsye Caughey, Outreach Coordinator, at 607.330.1253 or outre...@ithacahealth.org <mailto:outre...@ithacahealth.org >. If they do not sell out in advance, tickets will also be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are $18 or,a reasonable contribution for those unable to afford the full fee. .

According to Bethany Schroeder, President of the Board of Directors of the Clinic’s parent organization, Ithaca Health Alliance, “Now is a great time to support the work of the Free Clinic. Our patient visits are up by 13 percent for over 2008, and we must make every effort to expand Clinic space in the upcoming year. Supporting the Clinic also shows support for the needs of our neighbors and friends, who have lost their jobs, hours at their jobs, and sometimes their health insurance benefits, too.”

It is the mission of the Ithaca Health Alliance to facilitate access to health care for all, with a focus on the needs of the un- and underinsured.

For more information about the Moosewood Fundraiser in behalf of the Clinic or for details about the Ithaca Health Alliance, ,visit the website at www.ithacahealth.org <http://www.ithacahealth.org> or contact Betsye Caughey at 607-330-1253.