*www.BikeIt.org <http://www.bikeit.org/> and RIBS **(a program of the
Southside Community Center) **present:*

*Keep Your Bike Moving: *Spring Check-up and On the Road Maintenance**

*What:* Free Bike Maintenance Workshop, open to the community!

*When:* Sunday, February 28
*Time:* This will be two workshops for differing levels.
*1-2:30pm Very Beginner ("I've never fixed a flat") and
*2:30-4pm Intermediate Beginner ("I know how to change a tire but...")
*Where:* SouthSide Community Center, 305 S Plain St, Ithaca, NY 14850 (
http://sscc-ithaca.org/)

*To bring:* Your *own bike* to work on, so that you can get used to working
on it.

*To attend:*  Please RSVP specifying “Very Beginner” or “Intermediate
Beginner” to: er...@cornell.edu. Each workshop is limited to 10 people,
first come first serve, so RSVP soon!

Facilitating the workshop will be bike mechanics Liz & BobWölfé. We will be
mostly covering "on the road" repairs/maintenance such as fixing flats,
adjusting brakes and dérailleurs, using a small chain tool and more. We will
also cover basic spring cleanup/repairs. However, if you need to replace
parts, they will not be available at this workshop. We will be open to
answering any and all bike repair questions as time permits.

This event is open to anyone interested. *We are also encouraging folks who
are planning on doing the BikeIt! ride to Detroit to take this workshop, in
order to gain the skills necessary to maintain your bike during a long bike
tour. *

Cosponsored by BikeIt!, a 500-mile ride from Ithaca to Detroit for the US
Social Forum in June (www.bikeit.org) and RIBs (Recycle Ithaca’s Bicycles),
a program of the SouthSide Community Center.

See you there!

--
Claire Stoscheck
BikeIt Coordinator