Begin forwarded message:

From: So Tier Advocacy & Mitigation Project <i...@stamp-cny.org>
Date: March 25, 2010 3:36:55 PM EDT
To: tc-hs...@cornell.edu
Subject: Green Guerrillas NEW FILM 04-01 at Cinemapolis

GREEN GREASE GUZZLERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eghLq3cPGAA
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=318067604247&index=1
local foods reception (zero waste event) w/Q&A will follow the film

Cinemapolis Movie Theater
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Ithaca, New York
5:30 PM
FREE

As part of our continued efforts to empower a broad-based constituency of youth, everyday people, and activists to think critically about petroleum dependence and false solutions to climate justice, Green Guerrillas Youth Media Tech Collective presents Green Grease Guzzlers—a teen-centered, fun, and informative Blockumentary that offers an unconventional “how-to” view for those interested in making biodiesel and learning more about the veggie oil conversion process for diesel-engine vehicles.

A story about alternative and sustainable transportation, this excerpt will showcase Green Guerrillas ona move, making our collective’s transportation more "eco-friendly" with the conversion of our 1990 Ford Econoline diesel bus into a lean and green biodiesel/waste veggie oil machine. Working with a local “Organic Mechanic” and Ithaca Biodiesel Cooperative, Green Guerrillas “get greasy” learning the two ways waste vegetable oil from restaurants can be used to fuel today’s modern diesel vehicles—then we take a trip!

Celebrate Spring with Green Guerrillas!

Join us for this special community preview screening... meet our bus... and help us kick off our Green Grease Guzzlers 2010-2011 Biodiesel/Veggie Oil Bus Tour!

The WORLD PREMIERE for Green Grease Guzzlers will take place in June 2010 in Detroit.

About Green Guerrillas...
Green Guerrillas Youth Media Tech Collective is an innovative, grassroots job-training program in Ithaca, New York, which values teen’s creative insights and capacities to transform our reality as leaders and participants for change. Green Guerrillas study documentary and narrative film making; make our own media from posters to movies; do outreach at community events; advocate for equitable living and learning environments; get our “hands dirty” learning about renewable energy; and, analyze important social, political, economic and environmental issues which affect our lives as low-income youth of color. As demonstrated through our work producing 3 full-length films, and several shorts, Green Guerrillas recognize and expose the role mainstream media plays in promoting sweat shops over sustainable style, genetically modified crops over locally-grown organic foods, and pollution and prisons over sustainability and social change. By connecting the dots between the same ideological approaches which criminalize communities; support a school-to-prison pipeline; exploit labor and land; and, pollute the air, water, and soil we all collectively need for survival (do you know about hydrofracking?), Green Guerrillas Blockumentaries showcase stories of sustainability that challenge the status quo.

FAN Green Guerrillas on Facebook

Southern Tier Advocacy & Mitigation Project, Incorporated
focusing on the "under-developed strengths" of at-risk communities
__________________
S.T.A.M.P.’s Administrative Office
119 East Buffalo Street
Ithaca, New York 14850
P. 607.277.2121
F. 607.277.2120
i...@stamp-cny.org
www.stamp-cny.org
www.youtube.com/user/stampcny

S.T.A.M.P.’s Guerrilla Griots Human Rights Media Arts Center
Henry Saint John Building - Suite 106
301 South Geneva Street
Ithaca, New York 14850
P/F 607.277.2122
i...@guerrilla-griots.org
www.guerrilla-griots.org
www.guerrillagriots.wordpress.com
www.changents.com/green-guerrillas

FAN Green Guerrillas on Facebook

S.T.A.M.P. was established in 2005 in response to the frequency with which young people are referred to juvenile and adult court systems. S.T.A.M.P. challenges pollution, criminalization, exploitation, and incarceration by encouraging self-respect, empowerment, leadership, and self-determination among young people, adults, and families most affected by criminal justice and environmental policies which disregard individual needs, erode community assets, and undermine planet security.

Want to $upport S.T.A.M.P. without spending a dime?
Choose STAMP as your charity at GoodSearch.com.
Search & shop the web using Yahoo.
$upport S.T.A.M.P. at the same time!