Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 5PM - 8:30 PM| at the First Unitarian Church, 220
Winton Rd South, Rochester NY.
The Rochester Regional Group of the Sierra Club is pleased to announce its
12th Annual Forum, which will be an interactive event, Transitioning to
Sustainable Communities. This is Rochester’s FREE premier environmental
event promoting individual and organizational networking.   Our speaker,
Tina Clarke, has been a consultant with the Sustainability Institute (
www.sustainer.org) and Bill McKibben’s 350.org (www.350.org) and is a
certified Transition Towns Trainer (www.transitiontowns.org).  She will
describe the latest thinking on the “Triple Challenge” of Peak Oil, Climate
Change and Economic Instability.  She will share inspiring stories, models
and methods that communities are using to “transition” to a more resilient
future.   Following Tina’s presentation, we will form Facilitated Discussion
Groups to encourage discussion by all participants, stimulate new ideas,
raise questions and explore answers.  We hope to spark interest and creative
thinking and offer people an opportunity to identify and join an
organization working on these issues.   The Forum will be on Thursday, April
22, 2010 at the First Unitarian Church, 220 Winton Rd South, Rochester
NY.  Find out more at:
http://newyork.sierraclub.org/rochester/2010Forum.html .  This event is
co-sponsored by the MK Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence.

Training for Transition April 24-25, 2010 Rochester, New York  St John
Fisher College
http://www.transitionus.org/event/training-transition-rochester-ny

Training for transition is an in-depth experiential introduction to
Transition for those considering bringing Transition to their community. It
meets the training requirement for local groups to become an internationally
recognized Transition Town.
Course is limited to 30 participants
Registration: Call 585-241-9674 or email transitionroc...@gmail.com now to
reserve your space. Lunch both days is included.