FINGER LAKES PERMACULTURE INSTITUTE
www.FingerLakesPermaculture.org

presents

5th Annual
MUSHROOM WORKSHOP WEEKEND

May 22 & 23

Our annual mushroom weekend is back and expanding to include more on the fascinating world of fungi. Workshops will cover the basics of both wild and domestic mushroom production and harvesting with local grower Steve Sierigk and special guest Rafter Sass.

CHOOSE TO:

(a) Join us SATURDAY, May 22 (9 a.m. to noon) at the sugarbush of Sapsquatch Maple Products (www.sapsquatch.com) in Enfield, NY where local artist and mushroom grower Steve Sierigk will cover the basics of shiitake log cultures; species to harvest, when and how to prepare wood, and a hands-on demo of the process inoculated with sawdust spawn. FEE: $30

(b) Join us for the ENTIRE WEEKEND (Sat & Sun, 9 - 5 p.m.), where in addition to the Saturday inoculation, we'll dive deeper into the potential of mushrooms with guest instructor Rafter Sass. Discover how we can incorporate delicious, nutritious fungi in our veggie gardens, backyards, lawns, landscaping, balconies, window boxes, and more. Sunday's workshops will be at Cayuta Sun (cayuta.org) in Cayutaville, NY. Limited camping is available for a donation. FEE: $100-300 (sliding scale)

Everyone takes home an inoculated log. No previous experience is necessary for any of these workshops.

Please register to attend. A limited number of scholarships are available. Please fill out an application.

MORE INFORMATION & REGISTRATION: www.fingerlakespermaculture.org

###
--
Steve Gabriel