I guess it means that xforms is only known to the binary distribution as
a dependency of lyx (I don't think that anything else depends on it).
You can either try to install xforms from source, or get an unofficial
binary from somebody.  I can send you one if you want, but I'll have to
build the package first.  What version of lyx are you trying to install,
so that I can get you the proper xforms version?

I've cc'ed the maintainer for xforms/lyx and the mailing list to see if
any additional insights are forthcoming.