Hi, all

Sorry if this has been up before, but I couldn't find it in the archives.

I can't run Fink binaries in Apples X11. Writing

kanwax:~ hokland$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/hokland:/usr/X11R6/bin

However in Terminal.app:
kanwax:~ hokland$ echo $PATH
/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/usr/X11R6/bin

I created a .bashrc file in ~ containing a line

source .profile

which then added the /sw part of the path to $PATH, however this doesn't seem very elegant - and I don't know what effect this has on Terminal.app. In any case, the GW-teTeX part of the path is still absent.

To make a long story short:
Is there a way that I can make X11 read the same init-files as Terminal.app does (pointing me to a relevant link, will be fine of course :-) ).

Thanks in advance,
Steffen