On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 09:28:45AM +0100, Martin Costabel wrote:
> Martin Costabel wrote:
> []
> >But thirdly, the absence of Test::More does not (or did not for me, in
> >any case) prevent the complete installation of the new fink. It was not
> >treated as an error.
>
> I guess the errors that have been observed come up when some version of
> test-simple-pmXXX is installed, but XXX does not correspond to the
> installed perl version?

I have no idea. I based my suggestion on the observation that all the
failed test suites use a Test::More invocation that is not supported
by "some older versions" of "some of the Test::* modules" but I can't
remember which. Nor can I remember which test-*-pm(560) supplies the
right combination. Other perl-module packages use the same construct,
so user will likely wind up installing these test-* eventually anyway.

OTOH, we may as well fix the fink test...no reason for us to cause
problems even if everyone else does.

dan

--
Daniel Macks