If the software package is truly just for Linux (e.g. containing
executables and libraries built on a Linux machine), then it won't
work at all on OS X.

On the other hand, if it does work on OS X, then it should be possible
(no guarantee that it will be _easy_) to make a Fink package out of it
even just for your local use.
- --
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison
http://finkakh.wordpress.com/

On 9/28/11 1:07 PM, Kruse, Hans wrote:
> The simple answer is, you can't.   Fink is not a generic installer,
> it only knows how to handle its own packages. You will need to look
> at your software for installation instructions, and follow those.
> Fink won't be involved, except that the instructions may tell you
> to use fink to install prerequisites your software needs....
>
> On Sep 28, 2011, at 12:48 PM, Peter Russo wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to use Fink to install a linux application that I
>> obtained from my school's software server. The it came with
>> several folders, including an installer .TAR. How can I install
>> this? To I have to move the installer folder somewhere in the /sw
>> folder? Thanks
>>
>> -- -Pete

>> definitive record of customers, application performance,
>> security threats, fraudulent activity and more. Splunk takes this
>> data and makes sense of it. Business sense. IT sense. Common
>> sense.

Fink-beginners mailing list