At 2011-10-10 21:17:50 +0200, <costa...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On 10/10/11 19:54, Alexander Hansen wrote:
>
>> If you edited $HOME/.bash_profile as I said, then you should be done.
>
> On the other hand, if ~/.bash_profile is correctly modified so that it
> does what it is supposed to do, then a new run of pathsetup.sh should
> result in
>
>    Your environment seems to be correctly
>    set up for Fink already.
>
> If this is not shown, and the error
>
>    Perhaps some other file like ~/.login is resetting the path
>    after .bash_profile is executed.
>
> reappears, this means what it says, namely that *after* the command `.
> /sw/init.sh` is executed, something else is resetting (i.e. removing
> /sw/bin from) the PATH variable.

To get an idea of where this PATH resetting happens, entering the line

bash -vlc exit

in a terminal could help. However, depending on your bash initialization
sequence, its output (stderr) may be too long for this list or contain
private information (e. g. alias definitions with passwords).

This command line only returns terse hints at PATH redefinitions instead:

bash -vlc exit 2>&1 | grep -nEe '\bPATH='

Zoo Loo

--
Package manager version: 0.30.2
Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Mon Oct  3 01:24:22 2011, 10.4, i386

GET FREE SMILEYS FOR YOUR IM & EMAIL - Learn more at
http://www.inbox.com/smileys
Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk™ and most
webmails