> On Oct 15, 2015, at 02:39, Heribert Reis <hr...@eie.gr> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install octave with fink on a MacBook Pro with Yosemite10.10,
> but get the following mesage
>
> Can't resolve dependency "gcc49-compiler" for package
> "octave-atlas-qtmac-3.8.2-6" (no matching packages/versions found)
>
> Maybe that should be gcc-50 already?

No, gcc5.

> I found a suggested solution on the net for a similar problem of another
> package, which suggested to change the gcc-references in the files in the
> finkinfo directory, but that seems to be bit more complicated for octave.
>
> Heribert

I just updated it.  The new version should be available via “fink selfupdate”
shortly.

Normally I update all of the Octave Forge packages that use gcc at the same
time as I update Octave’s gcc dependency, but I’ve been busy.  I’ll update
those individually as I get time.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison