> On Apr 19, 2016, at 13:42, Smith, Phillip R. <smith...@nyumc.org> wrote:
>
> I got the following error when I was updating fink.  Might have been
> caused when I had a power failure on the laptop during an update
> session; it did not finish cleanly when I plugged back in.
>
> Thanks!
>

> -Ross
>

> smithp01-MB-25> fink update-all
> Scanning package description files..........
> Information about 9057 packages read in 13 seconds.
> The following package will be installed or updated:
> qt5-mac-qttools-dev-tools
> Reading buildlock packages...
> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -i
> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/libs/qt5-mac-qttools-dev-tools_5.6.0-1_darwin-x86_64.deb
> (Reading database ... 231296 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace qt5-mac-qttools-dev-tools 5.5.1-1 (using
> .../qt5-mac-qttools-dev-tools_5.6.0-1_darwin-x86_64.deb) ...
> rm: /sw/lib/qt5-mac/bin/pixeltool.app/Contents/PkgInfo: No such file or
> directory
> dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
> dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
> /sw/bin/dpkg: error processing
> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/libs/qt5-mac-qttools-dev-tools_5.6.0-1_darwin-x86_64.deb
> (--install):
> there is no script in the new version of the package - giving up
> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/libs/qt5-mac-qttools-dev-tools_5.6.0-1_darwin-x86_64.deb
> ### execution of /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait failed, exit code 1
> Failed: can't install package qt5-mac-qttools-dev-tools-5.6.0-1
> smithp01-MB-26>

> This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
> intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary,
> confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any
> unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you
> have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email
> and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this
> email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization
> accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
> email.

The “no script in the new version of the package” message suggests that you
might indeed possibly have a mis-built qt5-mac-qttools-dev-tools.  Try “fink
rebuild qt5-mac-qttools-dev-tools ; fink install qt5-mac-qttools-dev-tools” and
see if you get the same error again.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison