> On Dec 7, 2016, at 17:38, Schneider <schne...@mail.nih.gov> wrote:
>
> Oh oh.  I did:
>
>     6 17:03   fink selfupdate
>     7 17:06   fink selfupdate
>     8 17:07   fink update-all
>
> The final line for the update-all is:
>
> Failed: Fink::SysState: Could not resolve inconsistent dependencies
>
> Now what?
>
> Tom
>
>  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
>  Senior Investigator
>  National Institutes of Health
>  National Cancer Institute
>  Center for Cancer Research
>  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
>  Molecular Information Theory Group
>  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
>  schne...@mail.nih.gov
>  https://schneider.ncifcrf.gov (current link)
>  https://alum.mit.edu/www/toms (permanent link)
>
> -

We don’t know what packages were in the list to be installed from the above, so
there really isn’t much to go on here.  Sometimes there is a message about a
particular package which is having a dependency problem, but in other cases a
perceived inconsistency may come out of fink’s dependency engine without
mentioning an individual package.  Without seeing verbatim output from “fink
update-all” we can’t offer the proper advice.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison