> On Jan 12, 2017, at 08:40, Cuauhtémoc Salazar <sala...@physics.utoronto.ca>
> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> I recently did a clean installation of the operative system, Fink, X11 and
> Xfig, and turns out I cannot type text in the XFig’s dialog windows, like
> File > Save As.., nor can I edit OLD text labels with the dialog window that
> pops up when clicking the “Edit” button. However I can insert new text.
> Hence, the problem seems to be only in “dialog windows”. I’ve been using Xfig
> on Mac computers for about 10 years, and this is the first time I face this
> issue. The installed versions are:
> — macOS 10.12.2 (Sierra),
> — Fink         0.41.1,
> — XQuartz   2.7.1  (x-org server 1.18.4),
> — XFig         3.2.6
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions to fix this issue!
> Kindly,
> Temok

We’ve had prior reports of this issue for this version of Xfig.  I believe a
report was filed with the Xfig developers, but I haven’t heard anything more
about that.

The workaround that we’ve been able to come up with so far is to copy text from
elsewhere, and paste it into the dialog window text field using a mouse
middle-click.  Unfortunately, that won’t help with editing the text.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison