> On Jun 19, 2017, at 22:04, Thomas Scharkowski <t.scharkow...@t-online.de>
> wrote:

<snip>

>> We haven’t done anything to change the internals of how the buildlock system
>> works, either.  That’s what’s failing here, because the control file isn’t
>> being created.  You’re sure that you literally have changed _nothing_?  You
>> didn’t install any third-party software at all?  The only reasons I can
>> think of for this to have worked at one point and then to fail would be:
>> 1) Changing the behavior of a system utility, e.g. by having a third-party
>> executable of the same name but with different behavior.
>> 2) No disk space.
>> 3) Incorrect permissions in the fink.build directory that somehow don’t
>> allow the control file to be created.
>> $ ls -ld /sw/src/fink.build/
>> drwxr-xr-x  20 root  wheel  680 Jun 19 07:00 /sw/src/fink.build/
>

> for $ ls -ld /sw/src/fink.build/ I get:
>
> thomas$ ls -ld /sw/src/fink.build/
> drwxr-xr-x  9 root  wheel  306 20 Jun 06:59 /sw/src/fink.build/
>
> so the permission are correct?
> What else can I do?

Check your disk space.  If your disk isn’t full, try doing a build as root
(e.g. “fink --no-build-as-nobody build <package>” ).  If that works then it
might be that there is something wrong with the fink-bld user/group which
normally does our builds.  If you you get the same error when building as root,
we’ll have to diagnose it further.

—Akh