On 5/8/13 4:51 AM, Peter Wang wrote:
> Hi There:
>
> It is very hard for me to find out how to uninstall fink and get it over
> again.
>
> When I type: "fink selfupdate", I got a message: "ERROR: y is not an
> absolute directory path."
>
> What was wrong with my fink?
>
> I need your help URGENTLY.
>
> Should I uninstall fink at all?
>
> I cannot find a way to uninstall FINK from your website.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> -Peter Wang

You just need to run "fink configure".

On one of the options which asks for a path, you entered a 'y' by
mistake.  As you go through the "fink configure" options one of them
will show [y] after the text.  For that one, DO NOT pick the default
value, but instead hit the space bar and then return.  This will clear
the bad entry.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison