> On Jun 10, 2015, at 15:25, Daniel Johnson <daniel.johnso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 10, 2015, at 5:44 PM, Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Sure, that makes sense.
>>
>> Well, maybe. ;-)  I’m not exactly sure about how this would be implemented,
>> since I believe the selfupdate-git code only pulls from master.  Perhaps
>> we’d have to tweak that during the development phase, and have the to-be
>> processed stuff be in a non-master branch.
>
> That can easily be changed in SelfUpdate/git.pm. You’d have to change the
> repo from my mirror to the official one anyway. There is another issue
> though. If we make a new repo now for 10.9+, it will quickly diverge from the
> existing one. It won’t be easy to merge them later and could become a bit of
> a nightmare for maintainers. What is the plan for distros going forward? Are
> we just going to freeze <=10.7 and leave them in cvs while 10.9+ goes to git?
> If so, we need to do that now before adding distros or we’re in for headaches
> later. We’re going to have to decide this before doing anything else.
>
> Daniel

Yeah, good question.

My initial thought was to keep everything in CVS until 10.11 is released, while
we clean up the new 10.9-libc++ tree and then switch 10.9 and later over to git
at the same time as EOL’ing 10.7 and 10.8.   That might not be the best way to
go, though.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison