On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:31:39 -0400, Daniel Macks <dma...@netspace.org> wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:13:16 -0400, Daniel Johnson
> <daniel.johnso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sep 30, 2015, at 2:58 PM, Alexander Hansen >
> <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sep 29, 2015, at 06:37, Alexander Hansen >
> <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sep 27, 2015, at 22:25, Oner Sufri <oner.su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I currently deleted oldest version of Fink and installed the latest
> > version, 0.38.7. The installation was smooth without any problems.
> > However when I try to install some of the packages I needed. I
> ended > getting this specific error for all my fails. >
> >    autoreconf -fi    /sw/bin/autopoint: line 454: xz: command not found
> >    tar: This does not look like a tar archive
> >    tar: gettext-0.19.3: Not found in archive
> >    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
> >    autopoint: *** infrastructure files for version 0.19.3 not >
> found; this is autopoint from GNU gettext-tools 0.19.5.1
> >    autopoint: *** Stop. >    autoreconf: autopoint failed with
> exit status: 1
> >    ### execution of autoreconf failed, exit code 1
> >    ### execution of /tmp/fink.0nHgc failed, exit code 1
> >    Removing runtime build-lock... >    Removing build-lock
> package... >    /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-libidn-1.32-3
> >    (Reading database ... 16838 files and directories currently installed.)
> >    Removing fink-buildlock-libidn-1.32-3 ... >    Failed: phase
> compiling: libidn-1.32-3 failed
> >
> > I have OS 10.9.5. I would like to get some help please. >
> > It looks like the new version of gettext-tools needs the xz package
> > to be installed.   Do a “fink install xz”, and that will solve
> > the missing xz command. >
> > If gettext-tools needs xz, then I assume we need to make xz Essential?
> >
> > Do we know why gettext-tools needs xz?  xz BuildDepends on >
> gettext-tools so that could be messy. gettext-tools is not
> Essential:yes, so that won't be a problem. But
> xz:BuildDepends:gettext-tools, so making a dependency cycle would be
> a problem. If I understand gettext-tools (ha!), autopoint can use any
> of several compression schemes to create an internal-use archive
> of...something. It gettext-tools buildtime autodetects what's
> available and hardcodes the autopoint to use that one by default. Our
> build is currently non-deterministic in that it apparently whether xz
> is present and the resulting executable embeds that info. Seems like
> a bug that it doesn't have fallbacks at runtime. But I think we can
> also force non-detection of xz at buildtime (just like we do for some
> other compression schemes). Testing........

....committed new gettext-tools. A large archive is created at
build-time, which is then used at runtime, so it does make sense that
the compression scheme would have to be the same:) I dialed it back to
.bz2, which is available in /usr/bin.

dan

--
Daniel Macks