On lundi, janvier 21, 2002, at 02:26 , Jeff Whitaker wrote:

> Christian:  I fixed this in CVS, but at the cost of adding gawk and
> findutils as dependencies.  Maybe Max's "thin script" idea is the
> way to
> go after all...

Yes, I think this goes too far. Now I would have to install (and
run, probably) anacron, and locate doesn't work any more because

locate: /sw/var/locatedb: No such file or directory
(yes, I know how to build it, but I don't want to, I already have
/var/db/locate.database)

Today I used for the first time the --force-depends option in dpkg
--remove :-)