At 21:35 Uhr -0700 27.01.2002, Justin Hallett wrote:
>I't like to request that %n is being used in Souce and SouceDirectory
>fields.  Like ti checks to %v

it used to that long ago, and I took it out on purpose. Using %n in
the Source field is OK, but not at all required. There are two
reasons for this:

1) It doesn't give us any advantage. With %v you have the advantage
that to upgrade the package, you don't have to change the source
field etc., only the version field. This advantage is lacking with %n

2) It causes problems when you have variants, like xchat and
xchat-ssl. The xchat-ssl package can't use %n for the source. Hence
you'd end up with two different values for source. But for the sake
of simplicty and to take away a burden of the maintainer, it's just
much simple to use the full name instead of %n in both cases.

Cheers,

Max