At 9:36 Uhr -0500 03.02.2002, Dave Vasilevsky wrote:
>On Sunday, February 3, 2002, at 05:29  AM, Max Horn wrote:
>
>>What you should do before you submit a libtool patch:
>>
>>1) Get a non-OS X box, and install the latest libtool source on that
>>2) Run the test suite and verify that all tests pass
>>3) Apply your patch, run the test suite still passes all test
>
>So far everything's already been taken care of.

Good!

>>4) Congrats, you are ready to submit it!
>
>Alright, I'll send it on its way. :-)

Nice!

>>Also, you failed to mention against which version (1.4.0, 1.4.1,
>>1.4.2, CVS?) your patch is made.
>
>The patch in my post is to 1.4, but it can patch 1.4.1 or .2 as
>well. I have no idea how it fares wrt CVS.

I wouldn't worry to much about this right now. Anyway, there is a
second problem in libtool 1.4.2, related to loadable modules (I just
stumbled once more over this when I just packaged gaim 0.51 (which
you won't see until the stale CVS lock is fixed)): the problem is
this line (taken from configure):

     archive_cmds='$nonopt $(test "x$module" = xyes && echo -bundle ||
echo -dynamiclib) $allow_undefined_flag -o $lib $libobjs
$deplibs$linker_flags -install_name $rpath/$soname $verstring'

This line is escaped and then put into the libtool script. But the
escaping for the " chars isn't correct (or rather, it is correct, but
zsh isn't correct :)

I.e. it generates \\" but zsh wants something like \\\" or even \\\"
(I forgot). In this case, I simply fixed it by removing the ",
avoding the whole problem. This is safe (at least here) since $module
shouldn't contain anything but letters or nothing.

Cheers,

Max