At 12:50 Uhr +0100 27.04.2002, Damian Steer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm currently trying to port the latest version of Amaya (6.0). Alas
>it has a rather nasty bug, so the developers have asked for a stack
>trace. (They've been very helpful, I should add)
>
>Which is where the problems begin. No strace (nuts), ktrace needs a
>kernel recompile (of a kernel Apple haven't released the source for,
>AIUI), and gdb says 'No stack.'.
>
>Ideas?

One is to use Console.app and go to its preferences, then active the
crash reporter. Once something crashes, a crashreport (including
stack trace will be created, and, if you checekd the option,
Console.app will launch to show it to you.

Or you can use "gdb":

gdb APPNAME

then, in gdb, just type "run" (or "run OPTIONA OPTIONB" if you need
to pass parameters to the programm). Once it crashes, you will drop
back into gdb. Type "bt" to get a BackTrace of the stack.

HTH,

Max