On Thursday, July 25, 2002, at 04:08 PM, Pejvan 'battôsaï' BEIGUI wrote:

> I've already read this somewhere else :
>> Since Jaguar uses GCC 3.1, anything that use C++ will be binary
>> incompatible to stuff build with GCC 2.95.
>
> But I don't have any explanation. Can you point me to some docs please ?

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/ReleaseNotes/GCC3.html says:

•  Recompile all your C++ code, including libraries and frameworks. GCC
3 has a new application binary interface (ABI) for C++, including
changes to name mangling, exception handling, and class layout and
alignment. You do not need to recompile C or Objective-C code.

--
Finlay Dobbie