On Saturday, October 19, 2002, at 05:09  AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

Olaf Foellinger wrote:

Hi,

* Olaf Foellinger  [18.10.02 19:30]wrote:

>How do I access this files:
>/cvsroot/fink/experimental/thesin/finkinfo/test  ?
You have to checkout the "experimental" module.

cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/fink co experimental

Then you put the info and patch files you want to use into your /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo directory.

I think that as a matter of policy, we should say "if you don't know how to check out the experimental cvs module, you shouldn't be using experimental".

Things in experimental can be very broken. More broken than anything in unstable. If you want to use experimental, don't try to get support from us on those things. And definitely don't come to us asking for help when they don't work - if they did work, they wouldn't be in experimental! :)

That said however, in specific cases some maintainers might want you to try out a package in experimental as a test, but as a general rule things there might not work at all.

-Ben